there were some eos lip balms in the easter clearance stuff at target so i bought like 9 because it’s one of the few lip balms that i don’t hate. sadly im not super into either of the scents (blueberry acai & summer fruit, i prefer pomegranate or melon) but still 50% off lip balm is pretty coooool.
- you say: i always have to tip toe around you
- it means: why can't i say oppressive shit around you? no one else calls out my racist jokes or sexist undertones
- you say: you're always looking for an argument
- it means: why do you stand up for yourself? your pain is really putting a damper on my personal comfort
- you say: but i didn't mean it like that
- it means: i'm pretty sure my intentions negate any oppressions i enable through the things i say and do
- STOP THAT SHIT
dear caretakers of children: stop telling kids “I don’t care who started it!”. you’re teaching children to ignore unequal power balances. that leads to legitimate belief in things like reverse racism, misandry, heterophobia, etc. you’re teaching children that it’s wrong to retaliate when they are wronged. “who started it” is very, very relevant.
lmao @ people pretending they care about cultural appropriation but then saying it was okay bc they didn’t see a problem with it
if you think it’s only cultural appropriation when a white person says it is then you need to sew your mouth shut until you can communicate without prioritizing whiteness.